Pics from Lake Compounce
Here is Angel, David and Justin (back to us) on the first ride of the day.
Annaleah.. was not happy about getting sprayed with water.
Although she did seem to enjoy this one.
and she definately loved this one..
Doesn’t she look comfortable.. lol
She wanted to go in the pool.. but was too nervous
It is Garfield’s 25th Birthday!
Let’s not forget Odie
I wonder what is going through her mind.
I couldn’t get her to turn around
waiting for the next show
She liked the monkey.. she wanted to hug him..
She rode this one twice!
The Construction Zone
Oh oh.. here is where it happens.. (Notice she doesn’t even hold on
The last pic.. I am standing on a small wall to take this.. the ride stops briefly.. Anna tries to get out .. I panic and walked right off the wall.. face first into the ground, with camera in my hand.
and I end up here.. feeling silly with a big lip, scraped arm and blood down my knee. Of course I would not have come here if they only had paper towels in the bathrooms.. oh well..
Anna had tons of fun playing with the gravel.
I love the way she crosses her legs..
Annaleah is trying to watch a variety show, through the crowd.
Anna wanted to feed the fish… but we had no quarters..
These are really cute. There are lego people throughout the park. We spotted this one on the way out.
A full view.
Oh no.. is Anna gonna eat me??? She loves to growl
My Sweet Annaleah
Yes.. I am reading more than one book.. I have had this book for a very long time and felt a huge desire to finally read it.. The thing that hit me in Chapter One is:
“The Christian mother, then, must turn a deaf ear to the babble of voices vying for her attention adn listen to God. It is in Scripture that she will find the only safe and reliable information about how to fulfill her calling as wife and mother.”
I have just started reading the Tightwad Gazette and it is really interesting. I am going to share a few of the things I have read so far.
- To save money you need to spend fewer dollars than you earn.
- The “Don’t save more, earn more” philosophy is avery one sided approach. And it has one big flaw. Nearly everyone that earns more automatically spends more.
- Telling you to earn more instead of saving more is like saying “Don’t eat less, exercise more.”
- When I learned that walking a mile burned up the same amount of calories as in an apple I wondered how many miles I would have to run to burn the calories in a candy bar. It made more sense to give up the candy bar
- Most Americans are running to burn up candy bars. They are running out of the house, running to the daycare center, running on the job.. so they can afford candy bars and Nintendo games, meals at McDonald’s and designer sneakers.
- The solution is to find the right balance of earning more and saving more
This really makes sense to me.. I have been sitting here agonizing over the fact that we are always broke.. and hubby is always worried about money.. I don’t want to work outside the house. I don’t want to put Anna into daycare.. I want to stay home and teach her and spend time with her and my family. I don’t want the added stress of an outside job. I really hope this book will teach me a thing or two about saving.
Ok.. it is time for me to go to bed.. the storm is over, (I think) and it is 1am here.. Goodnight everyone
This or That Tuesday
1) DVD or VHS? DVD
2) Best Literary/Movie Villan: Voldemort (Harry Potter) or Sauron (LoTR)? Voldemort
3) Meat: rare or well-done? well-done
4) High Speed Internet-Cable or DSL? DSL
5) Women: 1-piece bathing suit or Bikini? 1 piece
6) To be fair–Men: Boxers or briefs?
7) Beer or Liquor/Wine? None
8) Coke or Mountain Dew? Coke
9) In honor of my 10/18/03 nuptials: Morning or Afternoon/Night Wedding? Afternoon
10) Carpet or Hardwood Floors Hardwood
11) American cars or foreign? doesn’t matter
12) Cutest TV Twin: Mary-Kate or Ashley Olsen? no idea
13) Coffee: Caffeinated or Decaf? none
14) Thought-Provoking Question of the Week: Computers: Do they make life better or worse? Why? Depends on how they are used.
First I want to thank everyone that commented. I do feel much better. When I wrote that last entry I was very angry and hurt and it really did help to get it out there. I have decided that I will just wait and see what happens. Right now I am doing quite a bit of scripture searching mothering and infants.. if anyone has verses that could help me.. please pass them this way.